Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rain Makes Applesauce by Julian Scheer


This book is full of silly talk, but I love that. It's a long poem full of nonsense like
"I wear my shoes inside out and rain makes applesauce, My house goes walking every day and rain makes applesauce. Oh you're just talking silly talk." The large pictures are illustrations of the line of poetry. In the lower right hand corner is a picture of the making of applesauce starting with planting the apple seeds in the rain. By the end of the book they have picked and peeled and cooked the apples and made applesauce.

I first met this book while working as a live-in babysitter long before I had children. I loved it and so did the children I was working with. It is fun for when preschoolers are in that period when they like to play with language. I caution you though, my eldest son thought it was a dumb book even when he was a child. Some people are very down to earth and will not enjoy this at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment